Friend and fellow-blogger, Purnima, awarded me the Versatile Blog Award. This happened months ago during my “time away” and now that I am back I thought I will post this first. After all its not everyday someone finds me worthy enough for awards. This is special especially coz it comes from such a brilliant blogger herself.
Purnima says her blog is where thoughts and words collide…and it is. She is bindaas and humorous and that shows in her blogs. She has a way of making even the most mundane experience feel funny to the reader, at least it does to me. Read it to believe it 🙂
With this award comes a tag too. I’ve taken the liberty to directly copy-paste the rules from her blog, which is:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the award – Thank You soooo much, Purnima 🙂
2. Nominate 15 other bloggers and inform them of the same
I don’t read as many personal blogs at this time. I’ve have but two blogs apart from Purnima and Uma that I regularly read and those are Vidya’s “Stay a little hungry” and Nivi’s “Mommy Chef“. Vidya writes about books, management styles, her adventures, opinions and everything else that touches her life. Nivi writes about her personal experiences, her exploits in the kitchen and fictional stories now and then. She had a lot of posts but she recently decided to turn it into a food blog and deleted all her earlier posts. That does not make it any less versatile though. Both these ladies are a little crazy – one of the reasons I am friends with them ;). But seriously, both Vidya and Nivi have a way with words that make me envious of them.. Read thier blogs to know what I mean.
Both of them haven’t been updating their blogs lately. I hope they do update regularly 🙂
3. Share 7 Random facts about yourself
Haha… Only 7?? 😉 Ok, here goes…
- I once slept for 18 hours straight
- With proper directions I have reached the right place, and those that I have never been to before, without getting lost. But I can’t follow directions on a map.
- My friends tell me I imitate people quite well
- I hate wasting food and there is rarely any wastage of food in my home – the amount of food I cook is the amount of food we eat, or vice versa.
- I have a very keen sense of smell and taste and can, at times, identify whether food is without salt just by smell.
- I wished to be a detective, or a forensic scientist or a genetic engineer rather than a software engineer. God alone knows how I ended up doing B.E in CS and landed in IT.
- I did not want to get married ever in my life…and then I met Ashwin 🙂
4. Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your Blog Post
Thanks again Purnima. Its quite an honor and I mean it 🙂
Another update is that I delivered a baby boy on 27 Feb, 2012. Presently I have resigned from work and now I am a full time stay at home mom. That’s it for now. 🙂